Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hearts and Doilies

I love, love Valentine's Day! It was my favorite day of the school year. Remember the Valentine boxes decorated with hearts we were taught to cut out by folding the paper in half (no Big Shot back then!) and paper doilies, lots of red, lots of hearts and candy to boot? Hard not to love a day like that.  Then taking your boxes home - am I the only one that would go through my Valentine's over and over again?

Well, they'd be vintage Valentine's now.... that's a few moons ago but I still love making and receiving (hint, hint)  hearts. I've been busy creating so here's the first of many that you'll be seeing on my blog. I'll try hard to mix it up with some other fun cards along the way, but take time to enjoy the romance of February 14th!

You'll find this paper in the Sale-A-Bration catalog that'scoming soon (I so hope I'm not getting into trouble for showing this early!!) It's beautiful and vintage-like and I enjoyed combining it with a doily sponged with Sahara Sand ink, emboss a heart, pop on a few pearls and satin ribbon and I love it!  

No comments: