Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Sunday Funnies

So, some of the funnies aren't all that funny anymore - so here's how to upcycle them! I was spending a few minutes (ok, hours!!) on Pinterest yesterday and came across someone who had made wallpaper out of woven newspapers. It looked kinda cool, if you didn't think too much about the fact that it fades and degrades over time :(    But.... it was inspiration for this card!

Kirsten, our youngest daughter, is making an album of her favorite comics, so I snagged the center page of the funnies, cut it into narrow strips, glued them to Basic Black card stock and ran it through the Big Shot using the Stripes embossing folder.


I then used the Extra Large Oval punch for the "conversation bubble" (is that what they are actually called?) and  cut the extra little curve with Paper Snips.  Before mounting it onto my card, I embossed the saying onto the card front.  It made me smile - hope it does the same for you!

No comments: