Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hello, Good Friend

Isn't this a great background paper - simple and with great lines!
It's brand new and is called Birds of a Feather. There are some wondeful papers included in this collection, as well as coordinating stamp sets.


The birds were stamped in Island Indigo on top of a Crumb Cake nest found in the
Take Care set. Then, rather than hand cut around the nest, (I didn't really need a nest, just a bit of background interest), I used the 1" Circle Punch.

On this card I paper pierced two opposite corners and distressed the paper just around the area that was embellished with piercing.

The buttons are new also - Natural Designers Button and add a warm touch,
especially when secured with Linen Thread.

The center embellishment is one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits, which I've added a little extra interest to by using a Finishing Touches Edgelits.

Die cut your Framelit first then take off just a tad, upper and lower, with the little
sawtooth border Edgelit. Very crisp and a nice change!

                                                                    Flock Together
                                                               126730 w   126732 c
                                                                       Take Care
                                                                126310 w 126312 c

                                                Birds of a Feather Designer Series Paper
                                                                          126889

2 comments:

Celia said...

Oh my goodness, Penny! You are a genius! I have this DSP and will have to make a card with it tomorrow. The whole layout is absolutely up my alley. hugs, Celia

Tracey said...

Beautiful card, I love how you used the DSP for the background! Guess I'll be adding this paper to my next order.