Thursday, August 2, 2012

Good Friend, My Friend - My Digital Studio 2 Card


Okay, this card just makes me happy!
I love that it's simple and also very simple to create!
How about no stamping... two pearls and a bit of ribbon.
I am not exaggerating (much) to say that it almost took me longer to peel off the back of the Stampin' DImensionals (twelve of them!) for this card than design and print it out using my brand new My Digital Studio 2. It's now available and it's incredible!
Please tell me you'll try it for free during the month of August. See below for more info on that.

Now on to how I created the card.


First of all, I used the wonderful image from the Good Friend download. I chose to print six images on the left hand side of my Whisper White card stock, using Lucky Limeade, Midnight Muse, Basic Grey and Crumb Cake. The colors just happen to be inspiration from a dress I saw last week. I also printed out a couple more individual images on the other side of the page that I could punch out and use as embellishment. I liked how it looked but it needed a little "pop" on the card so....


I punched two holes in the center of the Midnight Muse image and tied a bit of Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon through them. I adhered the card front to a base of Midnight Muse card stock which I adhered to a card created from Crumb Cake card stock. Each layer is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. I'm just not into flat cards, I guess!
The image kind of reminds me of a dandelion - I just love it!
And then....

I punched out the two additional images I had printed, using the 1" Circle Punch. Added a Pearl in the center and popped them up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Now I needed a saying....

I used the "hello" from the My Friend download, cut around it with Paper Snips and adhered it with, you guessed it, Stampin' Dimensionals.
So that's 12 Stampin' Dimensionals, what would I do without them?

Here's the scoop on the sentiment. I've loved this stamp set since it first appeared in our catalog - but I've never purchased it! The hello just always seemed a bit big to me.
So... what I especially love about My Digital Studio2 -  is you can resize the images to suit yourself. I love that extra artistic license it gives us!

So try it out with me for 30 days for free. Just click here to get started!

And I am going to add this amazing pic direct from Stampin'Up! Interesting, no?

No comments: