Friday, March 1, 2013

Choose Your Clouds...



Clouds...

So, in life you can actually have some control over the clouds, true? Not the clouds in the sky so much, but you can choose who you associate with, how you spend your time, what you read, your attitude ..... the things that make life sunnier!

And then there are some clouds that just come along without invitation and hang around for a bit and then your attitude is what makes them a little less grey.

Well, today I have another card where I chose the clouds.

Look at this sweet trio of puffy white ones! 

Here's how we do it:
1. Emboss a piece of card stock using the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder. Cut out just the piece of cloud you want to show. Trace around it onto a piece of heavy card stock like the backing in the Glimmer Paper Pack... or the Window Sheet Pack. Each Big Shot is a bit different so you may need to play with the thickness on this. Cut out your template and tape it in place on the outside of your embossing folder.


 I also add another strip of cardboard to the lower edge so it's even as it runs through the Big Shot! You will not use the  top Standard Cutting Pad.
To build your sandwich: 


------------------------------------------
Embossing Folder with card stock inside
---------------------------------------------
Standard Cutting Pad
------------------------------------------------
Multipurpose Platform - all tabs closed

Run through your Big Shot! and only the areas where the cardboard has been will actually emboss. 

I did learn a trick - if a little embossing inadvertently shows up where you don't want it, turn the card stock over and smooth out with a Bone Folder. Works pretty well!


And the sweet pinwheel! It's a new die in the Spring Catalog. So sweet! It has a coordinating stamp set of sayings that are just, well, happy!
Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die 129411

Cloudy Day Embossing Folder127022

Wishes Your Way
129153w
129156c

Now off to create a super hero costume (for myself!) to wear to lunch with the grandsons today!
Yikes.... one hour and I don't have a clue!

Super stamper???






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a video on how you did the clouds

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous,
I would love to see me do one also! Hah.... perhaps when I get my computer out of the hospital!It's something I'm working towards so thank you for the push!
Penny

Amy O said...

How clever! This is such a pretty card. I love the little stips of grass against the white background. Thanks for sharing your creations and your genius ideas!

Inking Idaho said...

Absolutely beautiful Penny and yes please to a video!

Kitty A. said...

Darling card! Thanks for the step-by-step. You rock!

Donna said...

Penny, I knew where you were going with that embossing trick but still, to read this and learn was "amazing!" I've never taped things to the o/s of the embossing folder; very cool! Easy to understand, thanks so much! Beautiful card, of course!! :) Donna (SC)

Ruthie Graen said...

This is so clever and such an aid to creativity. Mine does not work however. I'm sure I have it in place correctly. Perhaps a video, soon if you can. I'll save my pieces!

Unknown said...

Ruthie,
Not good, we'll have to figure it out! Make sure you're not using the top plate..... so the heavy card stock is actually the top layer as it runs through.
I'll chat with you on FB.